What is DTS Spinal Decompression Therapy?
DTS Spinal Decompression Therapy is a FDA-cleared, non-surgical alternative for disc related syndromes of the lumbar and cervical spine. DTS Therapy uses simple, yet sophisticated equipment manufactured by the leading rehabilitation equipment manufacturer in the U.S., Chattanooga Group. Chattanooga’s Triton DTS Decompression Therapy System is the most popular decompression system with thousands of systems in use throughout the world.
How Does it Work?
DTS Decompression Therapy works by gently and rhythmically stretching the spine, relieving pressure from the discs, joints and soft tissues. It targets the source of the pain caused by disc bulges, herniation or degeneration . The procedure is computerized and very comfortable. In fact, patients often fall asleep while on the table, because they are so relaxed!
What Conditions Can Spinal Decompression Therapy Improve?
The Triton DTS Decompression System can be used to relieve pain associated with;
- Bulging Discs
- Herniated Discs
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Pinched Spinal Nerves
- Compression Fractures
- Spinal Arthritis
How Effective is Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression?
The success rate for Spinal Decompression is extremely high for patients who are candidates. According to a study in the American Journal of Pain Management, the decompression method provided good to excellent results for 86% of patients with herniated or ruptured discs and 75% of patients with facet arthrosis, the kind of arthritis that leads to stenosis. We believe DTS Spinal Decompression Therapy to be the most advanced, safe and effective alternative to spinal surgery available today!
- Research has proven discs may be a primary site of back and leg pain, as well as neck & arm pain.
- The disc is damaged by “compression & flexion” (bending forward).
- The disc is avascular (it has no direct blood supply). It gets its nutrients in and waste products out by diffusion (like a sponge). The healthier the disc the greater its diffusion.
- Over time loss of strength of the lower abdominal and low back muscles, poor posture, trauma, etc., increase the “compression” on the discs, especially of the lower discs (L5/L4) and the mid-neck discs (C5/C6).
- Spinal Decompression stretches the spine in a safe, controlled and very specific way to open the disc spaces. This decreases the pressure on the discs and allows an increase of blood flow to help reduce inflammation and heal the area.
- Research indicates in some cases, bulges may be pulled or drawn in by Spinal Decompression,
- Helps to relieve pinched nerves.
- As with all therapy your adherence to the program advice and protocols are vital to ensure the best possible outcome. Additionally, though “Decompression therapy” can help many back conditions it is not a “cure” for everyone. Many times disc damage cannot be fully healed due to the extent of damage or the continuation or irritating activities.
- Spinal Decompression works with the body’s natural healing processes it does take time to gain full relief. Twelve sessions is the usual minimum number for disc injuries, especially with radiating pain into the leg or arm (if the condition continues to improve a maintenance program maybe beneficial) & don’t skip rehab/exercises!!
- Please see our Decompression testimonials…